In this week’s Get Cultured series we are sharing our top 5 activites for a day in Marrakech.
1. Jardin Majorelle, a twelve acre botanical garden and artist’s landscape. Home to the famous Yves Saint Laurent Memorial, Islamic Art Museum, and an extensive cactus & flora collection. We recommend visiting first thing in the morning to avoid the crowds.
2. Jamaa El Fna Square – Shop locally sourced items and get lost exploring the souks filled with small merchants and artisans.
3. Restaurant Le Jardin – Wandering around with the help of our friends at the Four Seasons, we had the pleasure of discovering this restaurant. With an entryway straight out of Alice in Wonderland – miniature door and hall filled with mirrors included – the quaint courtyard eatery serves up the best traditional Moroccan cuisine.
4. Bahia Palace – After making our way out of the souks, we had to make a stop at the Palace – one of the oldest palaces intricately designed with over 100 rooms.
5. Comptoir Darna – With some time to refresh at our hotel, we finally finished off the evening at Comptoir Darna, the acclaimed restaurant and lounge for dinner, drinks, and life entertainment.
Check out the photos above to get a glimpse of the wonderous day in Marrakech.