The introduction of Jelly masks can be credited to South Korean’s love for fresh, plump skin, and we are catching on. This new crop of complexion treatments relies on a unique texture that strikes the perfect balance between totally weird and supremely satisfying: think of them like a serving of Jell-O — for your face.
The focus of these gooey masks is predominantly on hydration. The top ingredient in most is hyaluronic acid, alpha— to transform flaky skin and followed by hydroxy acids and aloe vera and lots of skin brightening actives. Although this trend doesn’t boast hard hitting anti-aging results, we all know the more hydrated your skin is the less lines will be seen, and who doesn’t want brighter, clearer skin!
Let’s go deep….what are you looking for? Here we’ve paired needs and brands for easy access we added a link to research further and purchase. Let us know what you think in the comments!
1. Firming and Plumping Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask $45
2. Sensitive Skin Vichy Quenching Masque $20
3. Brightening First Aid Beauty Ginger and Turmeric Vitamin C Jelly Mask $32
4. Healthy Glow: Kiehl’s Since 1851 Calendula & Aloe Hydration $45
5. Complexions in Crisis Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Masque $55
6. Cold Climates = Dry Skin Lumene Hydration Recovery Aerating Gel Mask $15
7. Dull Skin Dior’s Hydra Life Glow Better Jelly Mask $69
8. Priming First Aid Beauty 5-in-1 Bouncy Mask $38
9. Sensitive Skin: Skinceuticals Phyto Corrective Masque $59
Courtesy of Laura Bove, merakibff.com