We would like to highlight the current COVID-19 virus impacting everyone around the world in some way or another. We want to bring our community together to assist towards uplifting spirits, making an impact, stopping the spread, and helping those in need. Whether it be food, supplies, a helping hand, medical attention, or donations. While most are concerned about their own health, many are showing concern of others and its amazing to see how strong we are when we come together to make a change.
Many have asked how they can help, but are not sure exactly what to do. We want to do our part in sharing some great initiatives to help combat the coronavirus.
We are highlighting a meal donation drive shared today (March 19th) by our founders company Michael Louis New York and Served Natural. Served Natural is a food delivery service, focusing on healthy meals; their motto ‘Live Natural, Eat Natural’. Today, Served Natural is helping feed those in need through food banks and our dedicated medical heroes working endless hours with over filled hospitals. For every meal purchased ($12, each), two meals will be delivered to a local hospital, food bank, or first responders. Visit donate.ServedNatural.com to help make a difference and get meals to those in need.
We as well want to highlight a COVID-19 fundraiser created by Facebook and Instagram HQ, along with the United Nations and World Health Organization (WHO). 100% of the proceeds are going to prevent, detect and respond to the outbreak around the world, with a goal to raise $10M dollars.
As seen in @michaellouisny stories, if you are not able to contribute directly, here are a few things you can do to make your impact.
- Stay home. One of the most important things you can do to prevent the spread of the coronavirus is to stay home, limiting potential contact with or spread of the virus.
- Clean up. Wash your hands, frequently used items often and keep your living or work environment clean and tidy.
- Connect virtually. It’s important to stay connected, check on others, and share positivity during these touch times.
We lastly want to sincerely thank all of those who are working hard around the clock to help minimize the spread of this virus and help those affected. We are here for you, our community, and the world.
If you have any feedback, positive suggestions or would like to share other important efforts combatting COVID-19, leave a comment on our post.
UPDATE MARCH 20, 2020
In continuation of our above post, we will be updating this article regularly with more information and initiatives to help combat COVID-19 and support those affected.
As you may know, all restaurants in New York and other states were ordered to close their doors, and are only able to offer pick-up or delivery, if their operations allow for it (which sadly many do not). This has led to massive lay-offs with most employees of these restaurants out of work with no income and no clear answer as to when they will be able to return to their jobs.
- Our close friends at Barano restaurant in Williamsburg, Brooklyn have been deeply affected by the forced restaurant closure and created a fundraiser to help support their 30 employees who are now out of work. To contribute to this cause directly, you can visit this link: https://www.gofundme.com/f/barano-employee-fund
- John Tunney, a New York based restauranteur behind the popular Long Island restaurants Besito and The Shed, is pushing for Congress to create a relief program to assist millions of out-of-work food service workers and restaurants on the brink of collapse by providing financial assistance for employees, and rent abatement for operators so the industry can survive.
- Eater.com has developed a letter script for Americans to write to their local representatives to ask for relief for the restaurant industry. As published by Greater Long Island, “‘Eater.com advised ‘To speak to your Congressional representative or senator, call (202) 224 3121 and give your zip code. You can also use Resistbot to contact government officials — simply text the script to 504-09 and Resisbot will determine who represents you and send an email, fax, or letter on your behalf.
- In the mean time, we encourage you to order take-out, delivery or a gift card to use in the future from your local restaurants that are still operating in this limited capacity, to help support them through this tough time.
While COVID-19 cases have spiked in the U.S., testing is still not meeting the demands, and healthcare facilities are inundated with patients and lack of proper supplies.
- Access Medical Labs – the nation’s premier specialty diagnostic lab, is now offering COVID-19 testing. For more information and to order testing, visit their website here: accessmedlab.com/coronavirus
Please continue to share initiatives with us that we can highlight by commenting below, sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly on Instagram @LuxuryLifestyleMagazine.
UPDATE MARCH 22, 2020
N95 face masks which are necessary for all healthcare workers are at a risk of shortage in the coming days. The Luxury Lifestyle Magazine founder, Michael Louis Maddaloni, has set up a GoFundMe to raise money for critical medical supplies to be delivered quickly to healthcare facilities and patients amid the coronavirus pandemic. Link: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-protect-our-last-line-of-defense
WE ARE ASKING YOU TO HELP. Our healthcare network across the United States cannot keep up with the current rate of COVID-19 cases and are already facing shortages of proper protective equipment. The president has said that supplies are on the way to our healthcare providers, but in reality they are not here yet. We will run out of supplies by the end of March in the most impacted cities including New York, Miami, Los Angeles and hospitals across the country. With an exponential increase expected of positive diagnosed coronavirus cases in the coming days and weeks, without IMMEDIATE and SUBSTANTIAL action, our local heroes and patients will be left vulnerable to continued exposure and spread of the coronavirus.
Every single cent raised is going directly towards getting the protective equipment for our ICU doctors, nurses, and health care workers. They are not only our front line, they are our last line of defense and are being left in extremely dangerous situations due to the lack of personal protective equipment readily available to themselves and their patients.
We have strong relationships with factories in Asia throughout our past 8 years of business, and have secured a factory that produces medical supplies, including CDC APPROVED N95 MASKS that are imperative to protect our healthcare workers and patients during this worldwide pandemic. We are raising money to get the supplies delivered directly to hospitals. If hospitals were to go through the process of ordering the supplies directly, it will take longer for them to get approval or supplies than for us to do a grass roots effort in raising the money and sending the supplies directly to the hospitals.
Please take a moment to donate even just one dollar, 5 dollars, 100 dollars, anything you can at this time. This is about our community, our people, our health, and our future. The time is NOW to take action, support this cause and ensure the safety of our healthcare heroes and patients. Please share this fund with as many people as you can, the more people that see this simply equals more lives saved.
Thank you for your attention to this important cause – TOGETHER we can save lives.
UPDATE MARCH 24, 2020
- Grateful Produce, a New Jersey based wholesale produce company which typically caters to restaurants and country clubs, has shifted their business model to cater to the current state of social distancing. The new program is aimed to get fresh food delivered directly to your door to provide you with convenience and peace of mind, while helping their employees during this uncertain time. There is a no minimums on orders and they are delivering within a 50 mile radius of the warehouse in Englewood, NJ. For more details you can visit their website directly: https://www.gratefulproducebox.com/
UPDATE MARCH 24, 2020
- With many blood drives cancelled due to the coronavirus, there is a severe blood shortage that can impact patients who need surgery, victims of accidents and other emergencies, or patients fighting cancer. If you are in good health, consider a donation of blood, platelets, or plasma to help those in need. The American Red Cross is helping to arrange blood donations directly via their website. Just enter your zip code in the main banner image, and the results will populate available blood drive centers near you.
- No one should go hungry during this crisis. Feeding America, a nationwide network of more than 200 food banks that feed more than 46 million people through food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, and other community-based agencies. Feeding America is taking their efforts to new levels with the coronavirus by partnering with school districts and local government agencies to ensure that the 22 million children who rely on school meals have access to food outside of the classroom; building an inventory of emergency food boxes to distribute to food banks across the country as the need for food assistance increases; and providing emergency grants to food banks to support local response efforts. You can help feed those affected by COVID-19, by donating directly to Feeding America.